Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sustainability Topics

I'm not 100% percent positive on what I plan on doing my research paper on. Although I have a couple ideas of things that interest me that I have to read up a little bit more on. One topic that caught my eye is air pollution. Air pollution is one of earth's most important natural recourses. Without air plants, animals, and of course human would not survive. Air also contains green house gases that maintain our global temperature. Air pollution is not a new concern, it is recorded to have gone back to the 13th century when the coal they used in London was polluting the air. And today people think that pollution problems are caused by industry to the ones associated with motor car emissions.
Another topic that interests me is Wave Power. This topic has always interested me because I always have wondered how tsunamis happen. Ocean waves are a form of wind energy that stays in surface seawater. Friction develops between air and water as wind blows across the water, and waves are produced as energy is transferred between these two elements. So these are the two topics that I have been thinking about for my topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment